Our aim is to promote and facilitate the practice of nautical sports respecting the natural environment. That is why Marina Palamós has established a management system that has, among others, the intention to achieve:
- Control and reduce the consumption of natural resources such as water and energy
- Minimize and control the generation of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes generated by the activities of the Port
- Prevent the pollution of the ground and the sea derived from our activity.
- Promote the training and involvement of its workers and port users in the need to preserve the natural environment in which their activity is developed
Therefore, Marina Palamós has been awarded with the Blue Flag every year since its opening in 1992. It also has the ISO 14001 accreditation and the EMAS Registry.
Marina Palamós has facilities to reduce the impact on the environment caused by the practice of nautical sports. The use of these installations is free for port users.
Waste management: Blue point of hazardous waste collection. Voluminous and not dangerous wastes Park. Segregated collection of waste assimilable to urban waste.
Prevention of sea pollution: Bilge water and black water pumping located at the Port gas station.
Campaign to save water consumption to boats WATER IS LIFE.
• Bottom of the port cleaning: every may in collaboration with H2O diving centre.
• Annual biological report on the state of the flora and fauna of the sheltered waters of the Port.
• Training session on the correct management of the waste generated in the maintenance of the boats.
Our aim is to promote and facilitate the practice of nautical sports, respecting the natural environment. Specifically, at MARINA PALAMÓS, the following activities are carried out: moorings management, fuel sales, locker rental, dry dock management and dry marina management.
That is why Marina Palamós establishes a management system with the intention of achieving:
- Achieve continuous improvement in the management of the provision of services, establishing control systems for the operation of our facilities, which recommend the suitability of carrying out preventive, corrective and improvement actions.
- Prevent pollution derived from our activity. To this end, actions are periodically carried out to evaluate and take measures to minimize, as the case may be, the impact on the environment of the Port’s activities.
- Control and reduce the consumption of natural resources such as water and energy.
- Minimize and control the generation and management of special and non-special waste from the activities that take place in the Port.
- Promote the training and involvement of all the people involved, both our own and others, in the application of the management system to achieve the quality of the service, continuous improvement and the need to preserve the natural environment in which our activity is carried out.
Marina Marina Palamós is committed to this management policy, and therefore, to apply the best available technology, provided that the available resources allow it, in order to achieve the objectives of quality and preservation of the environment that is establish in each moment.